TIFR GS (Graduate School) Entrance Exam

3

TIFR GS (Graduate School) entrance exam

TIFR GS (Graduate school) entrance examination is conducted by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). Applicants must have a Bachelors’s or Masters’s degree in Basic Science. The requisite degree can be in Physics, Chemistry, or Biology. Applicants with higher ranks in the entrance exam will be given preference.

Interested candidates can apply online at the TIFR website. Click on the Notifications and Admissions links on the homepage. Fill out the application form online and upload your photograph, signature, thumb impression, and other documents. After filling in all the details, click the Submit button to submit the application. Alternatively, candidates can download and print the application form.

THE TIFR GS entrance exam is divided into three sections. The first section contains Engineering Mathematics, Biophysics, and Quantum Mechanics questions. The second section comprises questions in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. MCQ-style questions are used in this exam. There is a negative marking for wrong answers.

The TIFR GS 2022 exam will be conducted on December 12. The admit card was released on November 25, and the answer keys are expected to be released within a month. The answer keys refer to the correct answers for each objective-type question on the test. Test-takers can then use these answers to calculate their estimated scores.

The TIFR GS 2022 examination results will be announced in February 2022. Candidates can check their results on the official website of the institute. The result will indicate the candidates who have qualified for the entrance exam. If they are shortlisted, they will receive an interview call and an email from the institute.

NET JRF

The NET JRF phd entrance test is a computer-based exam divided into two papers. Paper-I consists of general aptitude questions, whereas Paper II consists of questions related to the chosen domain. The NTA prescribes the exam pattern. There are 150 questions in each paper, and the total marks for the examination are 300.

Unlike the CUET, the NET-JRF exam evaluates more specialized skills. The NET JRF exam aims to fill 60% of the available Ph.D. seats in India. The remaining 40% will be filled through standard entrance exams and university-based tests. Students who pass the NET/JRF exam will be called for an interview.

NET JRF is awarded to the top 6% of the candidates who qualify for the UGC NET examination and obtain the minimum marks in Paper I and Paper II. The top 6% of these candidates will receive an Assistant Professor position, while the top 15% will receive the NTA NET JRF.

The National Testing Agency conducts the UGC NET test. The competitive exam identifies Indian nationals for a post-graduate course or a junior research fellowship. The syllabus varies from university to university but should include research questions and current affairs.

TIFR GS (Graduate School)

To apply for TIFR GS, you need to visit the board’s official website. Once there, you can find the notification and admission links and submit your application online. The application form requires you to upload your thumb impression, signature, photographs, and other necessary documents. In addition, you have to pay the application fee. You can do this online or through different payment modes.

The application fee for TIFR GS is non-refundable. However, you can request a fee waiver if you receive monetary assistance. You will also need to provide a recommendation from your school Principal or HOD. In addition, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria, which include your educational background and a minimum grade point average. You must have studied Physics and Mathematics and have attained at least 60% aggregate marks. You must have completed four years of university study in Physics or Engineering.

You must also practice solving previous years’ question papers. You may have already practiced with unofficial sample papers, but they are not as helpful as official mock tests. However, they can serve as valuable resources for preparing for the exam. By practicing from sample papers, you will be able to gauge your weaknesses and strengths and develop strategies to strengthen your weak areas.

Applicants pursuing postgraduate science and technology courses should have a bachelor’s degree. This will be required to write the TIFR GS test. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research will conduct the TIFR GS entrance exam. The results will be available in the form of a merit list. In addition to the merit list, candidates will also receive their call letters.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.